NMIADA Scholarship Program
"Upon the subject of education, not presuming to dictate any plan or system respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we, as a people, can be engaged in."
The NMIADA Scholarship Program: Dealers Supporting Dealers.
The NMIADA Scholarship program was started in 2017 as a way for its dealer members to directly support their dealer community. Members contribute by renewing their membership with a portion of their dues going to support the Scholarship Program, and by their purchases at the NMIADA eStore. The NMIADA also accepts donations from dealers and sponsor members.
As of 2019 the NMIADA has given $17,000 to dependents of members!
How does it work?
Eligible applicants must meet all the requirements and turn in their applications by August 30th of 2020 to be considered. Scholarships winners are chosen by NMIADA board members and staff. Successful applicants will be announced at the 2020 NMIADA Scholarship Luncheon at our Annual Convention. Thursday, October 15, 2020.
Who funds the NMIADA Scholarship Program?
NMIADA members do!
Dealer members make regular contributions by:
- Membership sign-ups and renewals
- eStore Purchases
- NMIADA Services (titles and registrations, etc.)
- DIS 6% vehicle inspections
- Vendor Sponsor support
Dealer contributions and Sponsorship support is critical to our ability to help New Mexico students in the dealer community pay for their educational dreams and goals.
How do I Donate?
- Send a check to the NMIADA, 604 Chama St NE, Albuquerque NM 87108
- Call NMIADA, at 505-232-0809 with your credit card.
What are the eligibility requirements for applicants?
- Be a Graduating Senior, High School Graduate, or have a GED
- Are enrolled or have been accepted to an institution of higher education, technical training or other schooling
- Be an employee, child, step-child, or grandchild of a NMIADA member in good standing
- Possess an excellent school record of academic achievement and community service
- Demonstrate a passion and aptitude for college/ trade school
What is the application deadline?
August 30th 2020